You will start your Christian Egypt Tour in Old Coptic Cairo. You’ll enjoy the Hanging Church, in which the nave is suspended from the ancient Babylonian fortress. You’ll also enjoy the Church of St Barbara, the Church of Abu Serga built in the 4th century, the Jewish Synagogue and the Coptic Museum. Finally, you’ll head back and spend the night in your hotel.
Day 03: Wadi Natron
You will venture out to Wadi Natroun, where you will enjoy the Coptic Monasteries. You’ll find the Baramus Monastery here, built where Macarius the Great settled in 340 AD; the area is still inhabited by Christian monks. After exploring the area, you’ll head back to Cairo for the night.
Day 04: Red Sea Monasteries
Red Sea Monasteries You will take a trip to the Coptic Monastery of St Anthony, as well as the Monastery of St Paul, both of which are found in the eastern desert, at the base of the Red Sea Mountains. St Anthony was a prominent figure in the founding of Christian monasticism, while St Paul was one of the first Christian hermits. Both monasteries are still occupied, despite the fact that they were founded in the 4th and 5th centuries. A trip back to your Cairo hotels rounds out your day.
Day 05: Holy Virgin Church
The Church of the Holy Virgin is the first stop on this tour, where you will see its three cupolas on the Nile. The Monastery of St Simon the Tanner is located in the Mokattam Mountains, just outside of Cairo and you’ll be able to explore here, as well. You will stay the night in your hotel in the city of Cairo.
Day 06: St.Menas Monastery
Take a trip to the monastery dedicated to St Menas at Maryut, situated close to Alexandria. You will find archaeological enjoyment here, as well, as this recently built monastery occupies the site of a 4th century shrine, as well as numerous other churches nearby. You’ll return to your hotel in Cairo for the night.
Day 07: Coptic Cathedral
After breakfast, you will enjoy an excursion to Coptic churches throughout Cairo. You will visit the 10th century Church of the Holy Virgin in Haret El Roum, as well as the Coptic Cathedral near Abbassia. When the day 7 of the Christian Egypt Tour is done, you will return to Cairo for the night.
Day 08: Final Departure
Enjoy breakfast and then a short transfer to Cairo International Airport, for your final departure from Egypt.
- Meet and assist upon arrival and departure..
- All transfers to/from airport and hotel by a private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Accommodation in Cairo for 7 nights with daily breakfast..
- All sightseeing tours are private and include an English Egyptologist guide.
- Entrance fees to all sites as indicated in the itinerary.
- Entrance fees to St Catherine reserve.
- All transfers by adapted air-conditioned vehicle.
- Portage when needed.
- Free mobile phone during your stay in Egypt (Charged about 30 minutes local & 03 minutes International).
- All service charges & taxes..
- International Airfare.
- Any optional tours not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Drinks and any personal expenses.
- Any Bank transfer charges.